When 3D Print Content is paramount to the faster evolution of the 3D Printing market. We talk with Lucas Matheson about how Pinshape is working to grow 3D Print Content and the content creator community through digital rights management and other more advanced concepts like streaming 3D Print Content. The future of 3D Printing is in content growth, so 3D Print Content is King and you should always protect the King!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Creative Commons & Digital Rights Management applies to 3D Print Content
- Both the market and designers need more clarification on intellectual property (IP) issues like modifications, derivatives and fan art
- How issues and concerns raised by designers over the security of their 3D Print Content is changing the landscape of 3D Print file download sites
- Creative Commons and DMCA
- Pinshape vs. Thingiverse
- The Future of Licensing & IP in 3D Printing
- 3D PrinterOS
- Elle Time Jewelry Contest
- Shining 3D Printing Contest Winners
- 3D Twist Tie Spotlight – “Silver Age” 2015 3D Printing Maker & Creativity Contest winner featured at the World 3D Printing Technology & Industry Conference & Expo in Chengdu, China
About Lucas Matheson & Pinshape
Lucas loves making, and exploring beautiful things. He’s spent his career working for exceptional companies, and learning from exceptional people. Along with Pinshape co-founders, Nick Schwinghamer and Andre Yanes, Lucas wants to make 3D printing simple and fun with an aim to build an engaging community of innovative makers and designers of all experience levels, who are helping to shape the future of 3D printing. Pinshape is a 500 Startups-backed company, with offices in Vancouver, Canada and San Francisco, California.
Listen | Download
Help Us Help You!
Have some feedback? Leave a comment below. We will read and respond
Please also review us on iTunes and share via the social media of your choice.
Have a question? Go to Ask Us Anything and leave us a online voice message. Yours might get answered in an upcoming WTFFF?! episode.
Click here to download the Transcript for WTFFF 056 Show Notes (PDF).